When: April 11-14, 2023
Where: Cultural Center Sofia, Vuosaari, Helsinki.
Tentative agenda and more information: https://www.acccflagship.fi/index.php/2nd-accc-impact-week-2023/
The organizers invite researchers and experts, businesses, civil society organizations, climate policy makers, educational professionals, research infrastructure experts and all ACCC members and stakeholders to join in discussing pathways to climate neutrality. This year’s thematic focus is in climate change as a global challenge for civil society and decision-makers and in financing the green transition.
The aim of the event is to further develop existing and new collaborations with key ACCC stakeholders from global organisations, countries, businesses, civil society organizations and others. Together, you will work toward practical steps to develop reliable roadmap(s) for carbon neutrality and beyond. During the week, you will:
- provide latest research results from ACCC and other climate science related to biosphere-atmosphere interactions; particularly biosphere carbon sequestration, sinks and storages
- discuss the financing of carbon sequestration, sinks and storage solutions at scale needed
- contribute to a vision for global observations and research infrastructures in atmosphere and climate sciences
- collect suggestions and feedback to help us to develop ACCC’s work and to support creating a roadmap for 2025-2028
- Tuesday 11.4: research results and climate mitigation solutions for civil society / Sofia Earth Forum
- Wednesday 12.4: Beyond net-zero - emission reductions, carbon sinks and the role of nature-based climate solutions
- Thursday 13.4: research infrastructure & verification methods and tools
- Friday 14.4: financing nature-based solutions
For questions and comments, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The event is organized by the constituting organizations of ACCC: Institute for Atmospheric and Earth System Research (INAR)/University of Helsinki, Finnish Meteorological Institute, Tampere University and University of Eastern Finland.