The application period for preliminary registration ends on 2nd of May.
The course is worth 5 credits of ECTS (European Credit Transfer System).
The course is aimed at PhD students and advanced MSc students in atmospheric sciences.
Topics that will be covered are (tentative list):
1. Atmospheric aerosols
2. Atmospheric observations of aerosol formation and growth
3. Nucleation theory and computational methods
4. Aerosol dynamics: condensation, coagulation, general dynamic equation
5. Aerosols, clouds and climate
6. Large-scale modeling of atmospheric aerosols
7. Organic aerosols
8. Gaseous precursors of atmospheric aerosols and their chemistry
9. Laboratory investigations of nucleation and nanoparticle growth
10. Thermodynamics of aerosol formation
11. Observations and measurement of sub-3 nm atmospheric clusters
12. Chemical composition of atmospheric nanoparticles and clusters
13. Air quality and climate interactions
The course consists of lectures and exercises (group work). There will be a group exam at
the end of the course, on 18 August. The course includes a visit to the SMEAR II station.
There will also be recreational events such as sauna and swimming, as well as an
Read the full summer school announcement here.
Link to application: https://elomake.helsinki.fi/lomakkeet/117450/lomake.html