- UArctic activities are carried out by the collaborative work of our members.
- UArctic fosters flexible and innovative frameworks that support cooperation between members, furthering our goals.
- UArctic is a learning organization that brings together the shared knowledge, diversity, and experience of our membership.
- UArctic is a driver of internationalization and partnerships for higher education and research.
- UArctic recognizes our specific commitment towards northern Indigenous peoples, and respect for their cultures, languages, traditional knowledge, and world views.
- UArctic brings the voices and knowledge of our members to the global stage.
- UArctic supports knowledge-based decision-making at all levels, including key regional partners such as the Arctic Council, and the private sector.
- UArctic secures funding, maintains an efficient and distributed administration, and reports reliably on our activities.
- UArctic operates through trusted partnerships with other regional and global actors.
- UArctic is committed to minimizing the environmental impact of our operations while finding innovative ways to bring northerners together.
How We Operate – Organizational Principles
UArctic implements our activities using the following basic principles